I was nominated to take part in the Blog Tour Award last week by Adele, who writes the wonderful beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog The Girl in Glasses. She is a great member of the WordPress community and I thank her for my nomination.
The Award Rules:
1. Pass the tour on to at least four other bloggers.
2. Give your nominees the rules and specify the Monday in which they should post their nomination answers.
3. Answer the four questions about your creative processes, which allows other bloggers and visitors to understand what inspires you to do what you do.
4. Compose this one-time post on a specific Monday (date TBC by your nominator).
1. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
My blog is currently multi-genre despite beginning as an independent music blog. I find people respond positively to my creative writing and journal posts and that encourages me to continue with those entries.
2. How does your writing/creative process work?
I come up with many draft posts of just a headline and a few words to save for later. If I’m really inspired, I will knock out a post quickly and that comprises half of my posts. Sometimes I schedule posts (thanks DesleyJane for that tip!)
3. Why do you write or create what you do?
I have always felt I write because I have to, not because I want to. For my creative/journal posts I just need to share my stories. It’s simply wonderful to get feedback but sometimes I write for me just to vent about my boyfriend or share about my cat. When I write about bands I’m trying to use my university Public Relations skills and help promote the underdog bands that deserve to be heard and whose music rocks.
4. What are you working on at the moment?
I have another blog called Portfolio and I’m trying to showcase my writing in a more structured and formal site. It might lead to a publishing deal – hey a girl can dream!
They are great bloggers and members of the WordPress community. Please check them out!
If you accept the award, then please share your Blog Tour Award post on: Mon June 15th.
Don’t forget to leave a link to your response in the comments below!