I’d like to thank Being Lydia for nominating me for a Liebster Award. I took a hiatus from blogging for the summer and I’m glad to be back involved in the blogging community. It’s been awhile since I accepted a blog award, so I thought it would be fun and also nice to share more about myself. The award has rules, so here we go!
The rules are:
1.Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
2.Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
3.Share 11 random facts about yourself.
4.Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
5.Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award, by asking them 11 new questions (or having them 6.Answer the questions you were asked).
7.Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
8.And don’t forget to copy the rules into your post!
My 11 random facts about myself:
1. 11 is in fact my favorite number.
2. I used to be a figure skater.
3. In romantic relationships I am the most attracted to Leos.
4. I love adult coloring books, way before they became trendy. I have been using coloring to relax since I was a child and given a box of crayons.
5. I have had 3 dogs and 2 cats during my life, though the dogs were serial.
6. My favorite color to wear is burgundy, but my favorite color is actually orange.
7. I have a transgender younger half-sister.
8. I used to color my hair light blond.
9. I travelled to Europe for 3 months alone when I was 19.
10. I always thought I would end up living in Southern California. (There’s still time!)
11. I have the movie poster for Pretty in Pink framed and hanging in my kitchen.
My 11 questions given to me to answer:
1.What got you started with your blog?
I was a volunteer at Northside Music Festival in Williamsburg in 2009 and met a blogger named Rob Fields who was hosting a showcase. We had a long conversation about music blogging and he convinced me to start a music blog. I had previously been too intimated to do it.
2.What are your favourite hobbies?
I love to read. I prefer memiors and YA novels. I love movies. I like to write poetry and very short stories.
3.Do you prefer the city or the country?
I live in a suburban enclave 18 minutes from the city. I’d like to ideally live in the country and play in the city.
4.What is your favourite way to de-stress after a tough day?
Watch the show “Nashville” and be with my cat.
5.If you had an hour to watch anything you wanted on TV (past or present) what would it be?
I used to come home after junior high school and watch MTV (when it was cool music videos) for hours.
6.Do you play any musical instruments?
I studied classical piano until I was 18 and I can play a bit of acoustic guitar.
7.What was/is your favourite subject in school?
Math, because it came naturally and was easy for me.
8.Do you prefer to dress up and go to a classy restaurant or dress down and eat take-out?
Definitely dress up and go out to a nice restaurant!
9.Do you like to cook? bake? what is your favourite thing to make?
I like it but I didn’t grow up cooking so my favorite thing to make is a big salad.
10.If your blog were turned into a movie, who would be most suited to play you?
Winona Ryder. A cool, but kind of sad girl.
11.Do you have a favourite animal (domestic or wild)?
I love owls.
The 11 bloggers I nominate:
blue light blue
The Daily Struggle
Can I Do It All?
Just Like Julie
All Things Kalen
Please if you accept the award, answer these 11 questions:
1. What got you started with your blog?
2. Please link to your favorite post you have written and why is it your favorite?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. If a movie were to be played about your life, who would play you?
5. Where would you like to travel that you haven’t travelled to yet?
6. What was your favorite book or movie as a child?
7. What is your favorite season and why?
8. What is your astrological sign and do you feel it describes your personality?
9. Do you have a bucket list? What is number 1?
10. If you like to exercise what’s your favorite type of exercise?
11. What’s your dream job?
Thanks again for the award!